• Both applicant and his/her parents must be citizens of the foreign country.
• Applicants cannot have Korean citizenship.
• Applicants should be in good health, both mentally and physically, to stay in Korea for a long period of time.
• Should be under 40 years of age as of 1 September 2012.
• Hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree as of 1 September 2012.
• Applicants who are enrolling or have already enrolled in the same academic program in Korea as the one they are applying for will not be admitted.
• For Master’s program (or Integrated Master’s & Doctoral program): students who hold a Bachelor’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than Bachelor’s degree
• For Doctoral program: students who hold a Master’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than Master’s degree.
• Applicants who are expecting the adequate diploma should present their diploma by September 1, 2010 before entry.
• Should have a grade point average (G.P.A.) at least 2.64 on a 4.0 scale, 2.80 on a 4. 3 scale, 2.91 on a 4.5 scale or grades/marks/score of 80% or higher from the previous attended institution.
• If the grade is difficult to convert to percentage, official explanatory documents from the attended university are required.
Fields of study:
Detailed information about the fields and majors offered by the listed eligible universities can be found in the University Information section on the GKS website. Applicants must choose their desired fields of study from the listed programs in the University Information section provided by participating universities.
Night schools, Seasonal schools, and schools through Internet are not allowed.
The scholarships are targetted to students from the following countries:
Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Belgium, Bhutan, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Canada(Quebec), Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cote d’Ivoire, Czech Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Gabon, Germany, Georgia, Ghana, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Mexico, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, The United Kingdom, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, United States, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia