University of Sydney scholarships for Africans

UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIP

The University of Sydney invites candidates who are eligible to undertake a Postgraduate Research Degree or Master’s by Research program at this University to apply for the University of Sydney International Research Scholarship (USydIS).

The objective of the USydIS is to attract top quality international postgraduate students to undertake research projects which will enhance the University’s research activities. The USydIS is open to all research disciplines; however participation in the USydIS program each semester is at the discretion of the Dean of each faculty. These scholarships will be awarded to eligible applicants twice a year – in October/November in conjunction with the International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) for commencement in Semester 1 (March), and in early April for commencement in Semester 2 (July).

Worth of Scholarships

The USydIS will cover tuition fees and living allowance for up to three years with a possibility of one semester’s extension for PhD students.

METHOD OF APPLICATION

Applicants who wish to be considered for the IPRS and USydIS awards for semester 1, may indicate this by completing the relevant section of the Postgraduate Research Application form. To be considered for an award for semester 1, applications for admission to a research degree MUST be received by the International Student Office by 31 July of the previous year.

Deadlines:

For March 2013 start, apply by July 31, 2012

For July 2013 start, apply by December 31, 2012.

There are other scholarships for international students you can apply for. Please check out their website.

For more information, and to apply

1. As a graduate of Quantity Surveying in a Nigerian Polythechnic who is interested doing his masters in any law/economics related courses, what are my chances of winning this schorlaship?

2. Nwanze emeka fidelia

I will appreciate if i can get schoolarship in higher diploma 4 markerters

3. Jephthan ejaita

4. Jephthan ejaita

Am a student here in Nigeria. I want to study gynaecology to decrease the rate of maternal mortality in Nigeria and the world at large. I need Scholarship thanks

5. I want to go for a postgraduate and masters in econs, am I eligible to apply since I already have Higher national diploma in busines administration and management.

6. AM A GRADUATE FROM TH UNIVERSITY FOR DEVELOPMENT STUDIES IN GHANA AND IS INTERESTED IN STUDYING MASTERS IN DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT WHAT ARE MY CHANCES OF WINNING THESE SCHOLARSHIP.

7. I am graduate of the Mehodst university of Ghana, interested in studying Animal Science and even have been given an offer to study in The University of Queensland in AUSTRALIA, but will need a Scholarship to pay for my fees.

8. Adem Nurhussen

AM A GRADUATE FROM ADDIS ABEBA UNIVERSITY FOR EDUCATION DEGREE IN ETHIOPIA AND IS INTERESTED IN STUDYING MASTERS IN EDUCATION/SPECIAL NEEDS EDUCATION .WHAT ARE MY CHANCES OF WINNING THESE SCHOLARSHIP.

9. Am a post gratuate student…holding a Master Arts Degree from University of Jos Nigeria…and am also intrested in furthering for my P.H.D. It may intrest you to know that I hold a distinction in my Master result…what are my oppotunities getting this scholarship position.

10. im a graduate from university of free state South Africe so i want to pursue mi postgraduate reaserch in environmental management so im desparate for scholarship

11. Ibrahim Sorie Kamara

THIS IS A GOOD NEWS FOR WE THE POOR STUDENTS IN AFRICA,NOW HOW COULD I GET THE FORM SO THAT I WILL BE PART OF THE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME