Wisconsin Law & Society Postdoctoral Fellowship 2013
University of Wisconsin Law School is pleased to offer grants for postdoctoral fellowships in the field of law.
The scholarship aims to support a scholar at an early stage of his career when, under the current circumstances, career pressures or teaching responsibilities might divert the individual research. At the Institute, the recipient will be able to devote most of his time to research and write and find a friendly audience and critical to support this work. Fellows must be full-time residence in Madison, to organize and conduct a seminar for graduate students, and participate in the intellectual life of the Institute, which includes lectures, workshops and conferences.
A complete application includes the follow-
• Curriculum vitae (with contact details)
• Official transcripts (graduate level only)
• Three letters of recommendation (to be sent separately). If the thesis has not been completed, one of the letters must confirm the completion date
• A research proposal (8-12 double-spaced pages). It is essential that the proposal-
1. defining the research question and discuss the theoretical literature, empirical and conceptual in which it is grounded
2. discuss the data sources and the methodology, including the implementation of the technical
3. expected results and discuss their significance.
Eligibility and Criteria for the Wisconsin Law & Society Postdoctoral Fellowship 2013
• This scholarship is intended for early career social science and humanities scholars whose research contains a strong legal component and who intend to compete for a teaching position at the University of the U.S. market. Non-US citizens may apply, but must meet the criteria.
• Eligibility is limited to humanities or social science researchers working in the tradition of law and society, for example, anthropologists, economists, historians, political scientists and sociologists.
• Advanced ABD graduate students may apply, but the thesis must be completed before the start of the fellowship.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR Wisconsin Law & Society Postdoctoral Fellowship 2013