INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP FOR CITIZENS OF MAURITIUS
PROPOSED CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR) PROGRAM
Port Louis Fund Ltd provide financial assistance to six (6) full-time students in need each year from the academic year 2011/2012. The proposed amount per student per year is Rs 20,000 and will be awarded for the duration of the program shall not exceed four years.
For a student to be eligible for a scholarship under the PLF CSR program, the following conditions must be met:
The student must:
Be-citizens and residents of the Republic of Mauritius.
Have got a seat at the University of Michigan,
– Come from low-income families and / or whose parents are recipients of social security grants
– Have personal unexpected difficulties at any time during the year
Have enrolled full-time at the University of Michigan programs any faculty
– Do not be simultaneously received any other grant or scholarship for the same program
3.0 Applications and selection of students
PLF will advertise in the local press inviting applications from students who meet the above conditions. The selection of beneficiaries will be done by the PLF, in consultation with the University of criteria defined by and approved by PLF.
Students must provide evidence that they come from a family low income group.
4.0 Conditions of the award
– Winners must pass exams at the end of each academic year.
– Recipients must attend lectures regularly.
– Fellows must have clean disciplinary record throughout the duration of their studies.
– The Exchange will cease with immediate effect if the academic performance (CPA <40 for two (2) consecutive semesters / at the end of academic year) a Scholar is not satisfactory at the end of Year 1 or Year 2
The above conditions must be attested by a certificate awarded by the Faculty where the student is enrolled.
5.0 Disbursement of Funds
PLF agrees to pay the full amount of the scholarship to the University of Michigan on an annual basis.