Mannat Fellowship Scholarship for Africans 2013
All eligible applicants are invited to apply for Charles and Kathleen Manatt Fellowship programme offered by International Foundation for Electoral Systems(IFES). The aim of this fellowship is to boost the careers in international development or research.
Manatt Fellows receive a stipend of $5,000, to be broken into three increments. Fellows will receive $2,000 upon the start of the fellowship, $2,000 midway through, and $1,000 upon the completion of their research paper. Fellows must complete a paper for public or IFES internal presentation. Fellows have the benefit of mentorship from IFES’ international election and democracy experts on staff, and access to IFES’ F. Clifton White Virtual Resource Center collection.
• Applicants must be a U.S. or international student studying at a US university in one of the states listed above.
• Applicants should be graduate students in either Masters or PhD programs who have not yet completed their degrees.
• Applicants should be pursuing degrees in international relations, political science, public administration, or related areas.
• A completed application form
• Applicant’s curriculum vitae
• An unpublished academic writing sample of up to 10 pages in length (may be an excerpt)
• Applicant’s current graduate transcript (if first semester, please include previous transcript)
• A letter of recommendation from one faculty member who is familiar with applicant’s work