Hubert Humphrey Fellowship for International Students
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program provides a year of professional enrichment in the United States for experienced professionals from designated countries throughout the world.
Fellows are chosen for their leadership potential and commitment to public service in either the public or private sector.
The program is non-degree-granting. Participants can complete their university studies in the host university to update their knowledge and academic professionals in their field, but they do not get a degree because of their participation in the program.
Hubert Humphrey Fellowship for International Students Eligibility
The candidate must have:
- undergraduate (first university) degree,
- a minimum of five years of substantial professional experience,
- little or no prior experience in the United States,
- demonstrated leadership qualities,
- a record of public service in the community, and
- strong English skills.
Hubert Humphrey Fellowship for International Students Eligible groups
Citizens of eligible countries in sub-Saharan Africa, Europe, the Middle East and North Africa, East Asia and Pacific, South and Central Asia, and the Western Hemisphere.
Hubert Humphrey Fellowship for International Students Fields of Study
All fields approved program (with the exception of clinical medical research involving patient contact)
- Agricultural and rural development;
- Communications / Journalism;
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention;
- Economic Development / Finance and Banking;
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy;
- HIV / AIDS prevention;
- The administration of higher education;
- Human resources management;
- Law and human rights;
- Natural resources, the environmental policy and climate change;
- Public health policy and management;
- Public policy analysis and public administration;
- Teaching English as a foreign language;
- Technology policy and management;
- Trafficking in persons, policy and prevention;
- Urban and regional planning.
Hubert Humphrey Fellowship for International Students Number of scholarships
About 160-190 are awarded each year
Deadline for scholarship application: May-September 2013
To apply for this Hubert Humphrey Fellowship for International Students, CLICK HERE