The United States 2013/2014 Scholarships for Young Doctors/Surgeons
The American College of Surgeons offers scholarships to international guests competent young surgeons from countries other than the United States or Canada who have demonstrated an interest in teaching and research.
The United States 2013/2014 Scholarships for Young Doctors/Surgeons Selection criteria and eligibility
• Applicants must be graduates of medical schools.
• Applicants must be at least 35 years but less than 45 years from the date of the completed application is filed.
• Applicants must submit their applications from their intended permanent location. Applications will be accepted for processing only when the candidates were in surgical practice, teaching or research for a minimum of one year in their final location provided after the completion of all formal training (including grants and scholarships).
• Candidates must have demonstrated a commitment to teaching and / or research in accordance with the applicant’s country.
• Applicants whose career is in the development stage are considered more appropriate than those serving in senior academic positions.
• Applicants must submit a completed application form provided by the college on its website. Application materials and support must be typewritten and in English. Presentation of a resume is not acceptable.
• Applicants must provide a list of all their publications and must submit, in addition, three complete publications (reprints or manuscripts) of their choice in this list.
• Applicants must provide three letters of recommendation from colleagues. A letter should be the chair of the department in which they hold an academic appointment or a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons residing in their country. The chair or a letter from stock is to include a specific statement specifying the nature and extent of education and other forms of academic participation of the candidate. Letters of recommendation must be submitted in sealed envelopes by the recommenders.
• Candidates are required to submit a curriculum vitae of no more than 10 pages.
Applicants may submit a photograph. (Format passport is preferable.)
Value of The United States 2013 Scholarships for Young Doctors/Surgeons
Scholarships, in the amount of $ 10,000 each, provide researchers the opportunity to visit clinical, teaching and research in North America and to attend and participate fully in educational opportunities and activities of the American College of Surgeons Clinical Congress.
Completed applications for scholarships and international guests all the supporting documentation must be received at the office of the International Liaison Section 1 July 2013 (annual).
Offered every year? Yes
How to Apply for the The United States 2013 Scholarships for Young Doctors/Surgeons