2013 Scholarship for the Deaf from World Deaf LEadership :DEAF WORLD LEADERSHIP AWARDS
World Deaf Leadership (WDL) Scholarship has a scholarship funded by the Nippon Foundation in Tokyo, Japan.
The purpose of World Deaf Leadership (WDL) Scholarship Fund is to provide scholarships to students of Gallaudet different developing countries around the world.
Gallaudet selects the Deaf Global Leadership (WDL) researchers who demonstrate the ability to become international leaders and make significant contributions to their nation and perhaps the world.
The scholarship will cover tuition, accommodation, food, and up to two courses in your country.
Recipients of this award must come from developing countries and have a strong desire to return home and become leaders.
Those selected to participate in the program must also have in mind a development project while they were students at Gallaudet and implement in their home countries after graduation.
The goal of each project must be to improve the quality of life of deaf and hard of hearing individuals and communities in the country. Applicants must submit one or more specific ideas for consideration and evaluation by the selection committee.
REQUIREMENTS for the 2013 Scholarship for the Deaf
– Be deaf or hard of hearing.
– Be in a developing country.
– Demonstrate financial need.
– Being a student at Gallaudet in progress or to be admitted to Gallaudet University on May 1. (Students may also be admitted to the French Institute Language).
– Achieving High degree with active participation in the Deaf community at home.
METHOD OF APPLICATION for the 2013 Scholarship for the Deaf
Send three letters that follow these guidelines:
– Two letters of recommendation from people around the country who are familiar with the candidate’s work in the deaf community, and
– A letter of recommendation from a person at home or at Gallaudet University who is familiar with the applicant’s academic ability.
Amount of Scholarship
Tuition, room and board.
– $ 5,000 for living expenses.
– Costs related to two courses of 8 weeks.
– Renewable up to 5 years.
– Cost of health insurance Gallaudet.