The following are suggestions to enhance your Empowerment Through Education program application in 2015 and in following years:
- Become a member of a community service group and record all of your service activities (dates, activities, time spent, photographs, etc.)
- Collect your secondary school transcript, national exam results and grading keys to interpret your results
- Request two letters of recommendation on official stationery from two people who know you professionally/personally and can showcase the reasons you deserve this scholarship
- Have all of your documents translated into English
- Always apply to the Empowerment Through Education Scholarship with the current application form (If it is for the year 2015, apply only with the 2015 application)
Our Ideal Candidate – A student, male or female, from a country in the developing world, who:
- Successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades
- Will be studying in their country or another country in the developing world
- Plans to live and work in their own country after they graduate
- Has volunteered prior to applying for this scholarship and/or is willing to volunteer while receiving the WMF scholarship
- May have some other funds available for their education, but will not be able to go to school without a scholarship
The scholarship awards are determined by the Board of Directors of the Wells Mountain Foundation and awarded once a year. Applications must be received by April 1 of each year to be considered for the following academic year. Only the selected WMF Scholarship recipients will be emailed on August 1. Their names will also be published on our homepage, news blog and the WMF Facebook page.
There are two ways to apply. Online and by mailing in a completed application packet to our office.
APPLYING ONLINE: To apply online, click the ‘Apply Now’ button below. You will be redirected to a portal where you will be asked to create an account (username and password). You will have access to your application until April 1, 2015. We strongly suggest that you apply online as it will provide you with the opportunity to save your work and return multiple times. You will also guarantee that your application, once submitted online will be received and reviewed.
- April 1, 2015 – The 2015 Empowerment Through Education program application deadline.
Visit this site for more details and to Apply: http://www.wellsmountainfoundation.org/scholarships
For more detailed inquiries, contact: email@example.com