Excellence & Opportunity Scholarships
Funded by: alumni donor
Scholarship: 2 full scholarships £38,800
The Excellence and Opportunity scholarship is generously funded by an alumnus of MBS who would like others to have the same opportunity to benefit from the Full-time MBA experience. The donor wishes to remain anonymous however you will probably get the opportunity to meet him if you join the MBA programme.
Alumni Scholarship criteria
Currently the Alumni scholarships are only open to UK permanent residents*
The scholarships are competitive and awarded to the strongest candidates but also those that can demonstrate financial need.
- Outstanding performance across all of the Full-time MBA admission criteria
- Potential to contribute and enrich all aspects of the MBA programme and the diverse professional and cultural profile and experience of the MBA class.
- Strong values and ethics and preferably able to demonstrate contribution to society/communities in roles outside of the workplace.
- Potential to become outstanding future alumni ambassador and contribute positively back to the School, organisations and communities.
- Able to demonstrate a strong fit with our overall admissions strategy
- Financial need
* To be considered, you need to be a UK permanent resident with indefinite leave to remain in the UK and also have been ‘ordinarily’ resident in the UK (i.e. the UK is your main place of residence) for a consecutive period of three years prior to the start of the Full-time MBA programme (26 August 2014).
We reserve the right not to award these scholarships if no suitably outstanding candidates are identified.
To apply, you should submit one application. Providing you meet the eligibility criteria, you will automatically be considered for all available awards.
- Complete Full-time MBA application
- Candidates applying for the alumni scholarship are not required to take the GMAT, however shortlisted candidates will be required to take the Manchester Admissions Test (MAT) before attending a mandatory Assessment Day at MBS.
- Email a written scholarship statement, clearly titled “Alumni Scholarship Application”, addressing the points below (maximum 2 pages A4) to:
- Tell us how you meet the scholarship criteria and what makes you stand out as an exceptional candidate for this award?
- How do you help or inspire others?
- How will your experience and personal qualities benefit the MBA class and what will be your contribution as a future MBS alumnus to return our investment in you?
- Tell us why, without financial assistance in the form of a scholarship, you would not otherwise be able to accept a place on the Manchester MBA Programme.
Application Deadline and Decision Dates
Due to the high value and prestigious nature of these awards, all candidates who make the short-list will be required to attend a mandatory Assessment Day at Manchester Business School. The Assessment Day will include a presentation about you and your achievements, an interview and a group exercise. All candidates will be required to take the online Manchester Admissions Test prior to the Assessment Day.
Apply as early as possible to be invited to the Assessment Day.
- Final Application Deadline: 1 June 2015
- Assessment Day: 15 June 2015
USE THE LINK FOR DETAILS AND TO APPLY: http://www.mbs.ac.uk/mba/full-time/fees-financing/scholarships.aspx#alumni2a