Applications are now open for Macquarie’s Global Leadership Entry Program (GLEP) 2016 intake. Designed for the best and brightest Year 12 students, it will develop and inspire you to be a global leader of tomorrow. Subscribe for updates on applications for 2016.
Who are we looking for? You’re an all-rounder who’s not only achieving great academic results, but also involved outside the classroom or in your community. We know you’re more than an ATAR score.
If you’re selected for the GLEP, you’ll be offered a place at Macquarie before you finish Year 12. That’s one less thing to worry about before your HSC exams.
Who you are
- You’re completing the Year 12 HSC or equivalent in NSW or ACT or the IB onshore.
- You’re an:
- Australian citizen
- New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- International student studying the IB onshore or HSC or equivalent*
- You’re a leader in your community and actively involved in extra-curricular activities.
- You’re achieving good results at school.
- You have aspiration for global engagement and leadership.
* Visa conditions and ESOS requirements apply for international students.
What courses you can study in the GLEP
|COURSE NAME||UAC CODE|
|Bachelor of Ancient History||300116|
|Bachelor of Ancient History – Distance||300118|
|Bachelor of Social Science||300120|
|Bachelor of International Studies||300131|
|Bachelor of Arts – Media||300139|
|Bachelor of Laws^||300302|
|Bachelor of Laws – Distance||300306|
|Bachelor of Marketing and Media||300138|
|Bachelor of Applied Finance||300201|
|Bachelor of Business Leadership and Commerce*||300206|
|Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)||300126|
|Bachelor of Speech, Hearing and Language Sciences||300521|
|Bachelor of Psychology (Honours) with B Human Sciences||300524|
|Bachelor of Information Technology||300503|
|Bachelor of Medical Sciences||300518|
|Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)||300710|
|Bachelor of Global Business||300207|
^If you are successful for the Bachelor of Laws you will also be considered as successful for any law double degree via GLEP.
* The offer is conditional on a successful interview.
Tuesday 7 April 2015
5pm Saturday 15 August 2015
Submit your application
Applications open on Tuesday 7 April 2015
Be sure to complete the Supporting Information Form.
Two GLEP scholarships will be awarded with a value of $5000 each for the first year of study at Macquarie. The GLEP scholarships will be awarded in early January.
Your GLEP application will be used to consider you for a GLEP scholarship. There is no need for a separate application, however we may contact you for further information if required.
GLEP students are also entitled to apply for the full range of scholarships offeredbased on their circumstances.
After you’ve applied
Applications will be assessed on a progressive basis. Macquarie will make a direct offer to successful applicants for their nominated course.
Please allow approximately 4 – 6 weeks for applications to be processed before enquiring.
You must also apply to UAC with your preferred course listed in preferences.
Bachelor of Business Leadership and Commerce applicants
If you’re shortlisted, you’ll be contacted and required to attend an interview either on campus or via Skype. Interviews for will be held during the following dates:
|Interview phase 1:||Monday 15 June – Friday 19 June 2015
Monday 22 June – Wednesday 24 June 2015
|Interview phase 2:||Monday 24 August – Friday 28 August 2015
Monday 31 August – Friday 4 September 2015
Accepting your offer
If your application is successful you’ll be notified via email. To accept your offer you must:
- Follow the instructions stated in the outcome notification and register to attend an orientation session.
- Apply to UAC – (International students to use international portal).
- Complete Year 12 examinations (10 units of HSC courses, including at least 8 units from Category A courses) or comparable ACT and IB subjects.
- Ensure the course for which you’ve received a direct offer is listed as your first preference on your UAC application by the close of the UAC December round preferences deadline.
- Local students – Ensure the course for which you’ve received a direct offer is listed as your first preference on your UAC application by the close of the UAC December round preferences deadline.
- Onshore international students – Ensure the course for which you’ve received a direct offer is listed in your preferences on your UAC application by the close of the UAC December round preferences deadline.
A UAC offer will be made to you in the December Round if you’ve completed the above steps correctly.
Note: If you receive an offer via UAC you may choose to defer your place for oneyear.
Contact Student Connect
Tel: 1800 351 117 (free call within Australia)
or submit an online enquiry.
For More Details, Use this Link: https://mq.edu.au/study/undergraduate/getting_in/entry_schemes_and_pathways/global_leadership_entry_program/