University of Otago International Research Master’s Scholarship
Course(s) Offered: Several fields
Course Level: Graduate (masters)
Provider: University of Otago
Country to Study in: New Zealand
The University of Otago International Master’s Award provides funding to support international Master’s students studying at the University of Otago.
Research Master’s scholarships support students during the thesis part of a research Master’s degree.
Due to the limited number of these scholarships, applicants require very good grades to be successful. The scholarship providers only recommend applying if your grades in the later years of your degree are at A or A+ level.
Applicants must be:
- obtaining their first Master’s qualification
- international students
- undertaking a thesis-based Master’s
Selection is based predominantly on academic merit and the applicant’s potential for research. Due to the limited number of these scholarships, applicants require very good grades to be successful.
The University only recommends applying if your grades in the later years of your degree are at A or A+ level.
Citizens of ALL countries
University of Otago, New Zealand
Fields of study
Eligible Thesis-based Masters Programme under the following divisions:
- Commerce/School of Business,
- Health Science,
Number of awards
Only 4 – 1 per each division.
There are four University of Otago International Master’s Scholarships available per year; one per teaching Division.
Not specified by the provider
The value of the award includes NZ$13,000 stipend per annum, and international tuition fees waiver (excludes student services fee and insurance).
Research Master’s scholarships support students during the thesis part of a research Master’s degree; pre-thesis papers are not covered by these scholarships.
Method of Application
Funding has already been awarded for 2015. If you wish to apply for funding for 2016 please ensure your application has been submitted no later than 1 October 2015.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Your application must be submitted no later than 1 October 2015.
Applications for research Master’s scholarship should usually occur either:
- when applying for admission (if the degree is by thesis only, or if the thesis will begin straight away), in which case you will receive an alert in your eVision portal after applying for admission to your programme inviting you to apply for a scholarship; or,
- just before the thesis component is about to begin (usually at the start of the second year for a master’s degree by papers and thesis), in which case you will receive a notification in your eVision portal after enrolling in your thesis paper.
Application Deadline: 1 October 2015
Open to International Applicants: Yes