The University of Skövde offers a number of scholarships to students who are attending an international master’s programme at the University and who are liable for tuition fees. If you are an exchange student, please contact your home university for information about the scholarships they provide.
1. UHR Scholarships for master’s students
The University of Skövde administrates some scholarships funded by the Swedish Council for Higher Education (UHR) to students liable to pay tuition fees attending a master’s programme at the University. The scholarships are tuition fee waivers of 31,250 SEK per semester (50% of the tuition fee), and the amount is automatically deducted from the tuition fee when you receive your invoice. The scholarships are granted for one academic semester.
2. HS Scholarships for master’s students
The University of Skövde offers a small number of scholarships to students attending a master’s programme at the University who are liable for tuition fees. The scholarships consist of tuition fee waivers of 25,000 SEK per semester, and the amount is automatically deducted from the tuition fee. The scholarships are granted for one academic semester.
Conditions: Both UHR and HS Scholarships can be extended to a subsequent academic semester provided that the student’s study results are satisfactory. The scholarship granting criterion is academic merit. The scholarships can only be awarded to tuition-paying students. Please note that you have to be able to finance the remainder of the tuition fee yourself, and to cover all the living expenses during your stay in Sweden.
How to apply for UHR and HS scholarships at the University of Skövde
- First apply for one of studies at the University via University Admissions. You must apply for one of our master’s programmes at the Swedish official online application service University Admissions.
- Then apply for a scholarship at the University of Skövde by filling in the online scholarship application form available on this webpage. Please note that you will need to provide us with the application number you received from the University Admissions website.
Scholarship application for the spring semester 2016 is OPEN. Deadline: 30 September 2015 (23:59 Swedish time)
Attention: If you are already enrolled as a master’s student at the University, you are not currently eligible to apply for UHR and HS scholarships. These scholarships are awarded prior to the commencement of a master’s programme.
International Office email@example.com
- Decision HS 2014/433: Guidelines on the administration of scholarships for students required to pay tuition fees
- Beslut HS 2014/433: Riktlinjer för hantering av stipendier för avgiftsskyldiga studenter
- Swedish Code of Statutes (SFS) No. 2010:718 – Ordinance on scholarships for students required to pay tuition fees (Department/Agency: Ministry of Education and Research, Sweden)
USE THIS LINK FOR FURTHER CLARIFICATIONS: http://www.his.se/scholarships/