Australia Awards, a cornerstone of the Australian Government’s development assistance program for Africa, provide access to postgraduate education, training and professional development opportunities for suitably qualified Africans from eligible countries. On their return to the workplace, Australia Awards Alumni are expected to contribute actively to development in their home countries.
Award types include:
- Australian Awards Scholarships, to undertake higher degree studies in Australia at Masters level.
- Australia Awards Short Courses, to undertake short-term, targeted professional training courses, in Australia and/or in Africa, in a range of development-focused sectors.
you will need to:
- inform yourself about the available Award types
- assess your eligibility
- learn about Australia’s world-class education and training institutions
- understand the Australian Government’s commitment to principles of gender equality in granting Awards
- understand the Australian Government’s commitment to principles of disability inclusion in granting Awards
- recognise the contributions that Australia Awards Alumni have made to development in their countries
- apply for an Award
Scholarships for Masters studies in Australia are being offered to eligible African candidates for postgraduate studies commencing in 2016. Applications for study commencing in 2017 will open on 1 September 2015. To find out more information on the eligibility criteria and application process please go to your country page.
Focus sectors for Masters Awards reflect areas which have been identified as priorities by partner governments and in which Australia is recognised as having world-leading expertise and experience. Current priority sectors include: Agricultural Productivity; Extractives; and Public Policy. Click here to discover what courses are available in your area of interest, at Australian institutions.
Choose your Country