The Shell Nigeria Exploration Production Company (SNEPCo) on behalf of itself, its co-venturers and NNPC announces the NNPC-SNEPCo National University Scholarship for students in undergraduate courses of Nigerian universities.
The programme is managed by SNEPCo and provides yearly grants to successful applicants from their second year to the completion of their degree programme.
The NNPC-SNEPCo National University Scholarship aims to promote academic excellence and improve the skills of young Nigerians. Applications are invited from qualified Nigerian undergraduates.
To bee considered eligible, applicants must be a citizen of Nigeria, currently be in their second year of full-time study in a Nigerian University accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC), have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 in a 5-grade system and not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship (National or International).
The courses of interest to this scholarship are listed below
- Petroleum Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Materials / Corrosion Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Physics/Applied Physics
- Mathematics/Applied Mathematics
- Electrical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Agricultural Sciences
- Banking & Finance
- Medical Laboratory Technology
Successful applicants will receive grants every year from their second year to the completion of their degree program. Recipients are expected to maintain high academic/ethical standards, and other conditions outlined in the scholarship award letter.
To apply, interested candidates are invited to submit an electronic application on the official website found below. Please note the instructions below:
- Every applicant should have a valid personal email account (for consistent communication).
- Candidates who meet the above eligibility criteria should apply online at https://www.nnpc-snepco-scholarship.shell.com to provide the required personal and educational details, and upload scanned copies of the following:
- A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant in JPEG format, and not more than 200kilobytes;
- University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission Letter; Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Scores;
- ‘O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable; and
- Letter of Identification from State of origin indicating applicant’s local government of origin.
- Students are to upload their 100 level results.
It is important to read the scholarship announcement, and also visit the official website below for detailed information and to access the online application portal.
Applications should be submitted online on or before Wednesday 10 August, 2016.
Additional information can be obtained here