The American University in Cairo is inviting applications for Egyptian Refining Company ERC Public School Undergraduate Scholarship. Only applicants from Egypt can apply for this scholarship. The aim of the scholarship is to support tuition for one undergraduate student from a public school in Matareya, Khosos or Shark Shubra El Kheima (Mostorod). AUC is devoted to preparing its students to be global citizens, addressing the challenges facing the region and the world.
ERC Public School Undergraduate Scholarship is available for those pursuing the undergraduate program only. Scholarships are awarded to study all the subjects offered by the university.
Other eligibility criteria are outlined below
- Students with thanawiya amma certificates from public schools in Matareya, Khosos and Shark Shubra El Kheima ( Mostorod) for the academic year 2015 – 2016
- Egyptian students
- Demonstrate financial need for the scholarship
- Active member in school activities or in the local community
- A minimum score of 97.50 percent in thanawiya amma in the science division and 95 percent in the non-science division
- A minimum score of 90 percent in English language test
- Students must pass the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum band score of 5.5 and write score of 5.5
- Adequate communication skills
- Orientation and commitment to public service
- Potential for further leadership development
To apply, the following documents must be completed and submitted.
- Program application
- Financial application
- A copy of the applicant’s birth certificate
- A letter from the school’s administration identifying the type of school (i.e., governmental, private or experimental)
- Official copy of third preparatory, first secondary and second secondary high-school certificates
- Official copy of the thanawiya amma certificates upon announcement of the grades
- Proof of extracurricular activities ( i.e. copy of certificates)
- Recent official valid IELTS test results, with a minimum score of 5.5 in both writing and total score
Additional information can be found here