Interested candidates for this scholarship have to answer the following essay questions.
1). In approximately 300 words for all the questions that follow: (a) introduce yourself and include an account of your early years i.e. where you grew up and the primary and secondary schools you attended. How did you finance your secondary education? (b) briefly describe how you envisage contributing to the future development of your country/region after graduation and (c) Give the main reason why an INSEAD MBA is relevant to your future career development.
2). In approximately 300 words provide a concise but accurate description of your financial circumstances as well as your budget for the year at INSEAD. How do you expect to finance your studies if you do not obtain a scholarship from INSEAD? Why INSEAD should consider you for a Diversity scholarship? What amount do you consider appropriate? Please do not forget to submit a number of supporting documents as required.
3). Only if you would like to be considered for the IAF Special Profile scholarships, please answer the following question in no more than 300 words: Briefly describe an instance or aspect in your life to date that has made you stand out amongst your peers or that you consider exceptional in one way or another.
- INSEAD Africa Leadership Fund Scholarship will be awarded in each Class to candidates who demonstrate outstanding professional and personal achievements, with a commitment to contribute to the breadth of diversity on the programme.
- They should possess outstanding academic achievements, leadership experience and growth potential.
- To be eligible for the INSEAD Africa Leadership Fund Scholarship, candidates must also be a national of an African country and have spent a substantial part of their lives, and received part of their prior education in Africa.
- Preference will be given to candidates who reside in the region and the scholarship will be awarded to those who require financial assistance.
- Only candidates who are admitted to the MBA programme or are in the interview process may apply.
Further details and how to apply can be accessed here
July 2018 Class:
Round 1: Applications Open: 24 October 2016 Deadline: 7 November 2016
Round 2: Applications Open: 16 January 2017 Deadline: 31 January 2017
Round 3: Applications Open: 27 February 2017 Deadline: 13 March 2017
December 18 Class:
Round 1: Applications Open: 24 April 2017 Deadline: 8 May 2017
Round 2: Applications Open: 5 June 2017 Deadline: 19 June 2017
Round 3: Applications Open: 17 July 2017 Deadline: 31 July 2017