This scholarship is aimed primarily at candidates who are nationals of Sub-Saharan African countries living in their country of origin.
- Candidates must be nationals of a developing country and not currently be living or studying outside of their country. This scholarship is aimed primarily at candidates who are nationals of a Sub-Saharan African Country living in their Sub-Saharan African country of origin.
- Candidates must not have previously studied for one year or more outside of their country.
- Candidates must have a first class Bachelor’s degree from a University or comparable institution.
- Candidates who already hold a Master’s degree cannot apply for a Master’s degree scholarship.
- Candidates must demonstrate financial need.
- Graduates are expected to return to work in their home country.
- Candidates must have submitted a complete application for admission by the scholarship closing date of 31 January 2017.
- Candidates must have an offer of admission by the time shortlisting takes place in early March 2017.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2017. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by an Advisory Panel, consisting of three academic members. Financial need is also relevant.
- The assessment of your application will be based on the information provided in your scholarship application and in your on-line admission application for admission. Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at academic references, statement and other relevant information.
- Only those who have been accepted for admission will be considered for short listing by the SOAS Selection Panel. Shortlisting at SOAS will take place in March 2017.
To apply and for further Information, click here
Successful candidates will be notified by end of June. If you have not heard from us by the end of June, you should assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Application Deadline: 17:00 (UK local time) on 31st January 2017.