The internship begins in January and typically lasts until May and is based in SFCG’s Washington DC headquarters.
Duties for this unpaid internship positions include but are not limited to:
• Contributing to the production of donor reports and grant proposals;
• Attending policy meetings, representing the Africa Program;
• Backstopping the Washington DC-based Africa Team and country offices overseas; and
• Assisting with website, program literature and database system maintenance.
The ideal candidate will exhibit:
• Good writing, editing and communication skills (required);
• A self-starting, detail-oriented and flexible approach to tasks (required);
• Demonstrable interest in African issues and/or conflict resolution (required); and
• NGO and/or international experience (preferred);
• Fluency or advanced proficiency in French with a focus on writing (preferred).
• Undergraduates (juniors and seniors), graduate students, and recent graduates are welcome to apply.
How To Apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and two one-page writing samples (one in English, and one in French if possible) in document through our Bamboo application system at https://sfcg.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=628.
We require commitments of no less than twenty hours a week for this position. Please note that this position is unpaid. Credit can be arranged for students with their institution. For international applicants, Search for Common Ground is not responsible for providing student or work visas; you will need to make your own visa arrangements.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. We ask that you do not follow-up with calls or emails concerning the status of your application. Candidates who fail to submit and/or complete the full application and do not meet the appropriate application deadline will not be considered.