The team consists of three professional staff and works with a wide range of UN and academic partners in order to develop initiatives for knowledge sharing and capacity building for UN Staff and partners, primarily in the following thematic areas, amongst others:
a) Developing and delivering online courses and webinars on Decentralized Governance and Peacebuilding; Acting Locally: Citizen Participation for Resilient Institutions, Conflict Analysis for Prevention and Peacebuilding; and Working at the Nexus of Human Rights and Conflict Transformation.
b) Developing and delivering train the trainers courses on Safe and Secure Approaches in Field Environments (SSAFE);
c) Designing and delivering customised training curricula in the thematic areas related to Decentralised Governance; Conflict Analysis; Elections; Non-state armed groups.
d) Certifying UN surge staff in SSAFE.
- Candidates currently enrolled in or having completed a higher degree University programme (Masters or other) in learning/instructional design, organization development with specialized knowledge in learning and training/human resources development, or an area related to UNSSC programmatic priorities.
- Previous work experience is not required. Practical experience in the design, development, and delivery of a range of learning products, including e-learning is highly desirable.
- Language competencies:
Fluency (written and oral) in English.
- Knowledge of online learning and social media tools;
- Proven ability to use Microsoft Office, internet browsers and online platforms.
Other Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to learn and act in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- High motivation, with a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Familiarity with online learning and social media tools.
Eligible candidates interested in doing an internship at the United Nations System Staff College must submit in English:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (resume);
- A motivation letter;
- For applicants who are currently enrolled in a degree programme, an endorsement from their University or Sponsoring Institution is required;
- Applications should be submitted by e-mail to: email@example.com or by fax: (0039) 011 65359 02.
- Please indicate in the subject “Application for Internship Vacancy Announcement 006”
Application Deadline: 8 January 2017