- Candidates who have just completed, or who have not yet completed, a first degree are not selected unless this degree has been pursued concurrently with, or subsequent to, experience in the workplace.
- Fellows usually range in age from 30 to 45 years.
- Fellows must be South African citizens.
- Applicants should determine well in advance whether, if awarded a fellowship, they can be granted leave by their employers for Harvard’s academic year. They should generally plan to be in residence at Harvard from September until June. However, some programs require fellows to begin residence on July 1st.
- No candidate should accept an interview unless assured that such leave will be granted. The Center does not wish to assign fellowships to anyone who subsequently finds it impossible to use the opportunity.
Important Notes: Applicants will hear in late June 2017 if they have been selected as a finalist. Interviews in South Africa will take place in early June 2017 and later that month finalists can expect to be notified if they have been selected as a Harvard South Africa Fellow.
To know more and to apply, click here