Eligibility: Applicants must go through these guidelines / instructions carefully and fill the applications accordingly.
- ICCR accepts applications only through Indian Missions overseas. Candidates are advised to apply through the Indian missions in their respective countries. No application may be sent directly to ICCR or through their country’s Embassies/High Commissions in New Delhi.
- Applicants are advised to go through the “University Handbook” available with our Mission before selecting course and giving options for universities. Candidate should clearly mention the course and University to which he/she is seeking admission. Courses may be selected on the basis of the subjects studied in high school.
- Applicants applying for doctoral/ post-doctoral courses should include a synopsis of the proposed area of research. Applications for Casual research will not be entertained.
- Students wishing to study performing arts should, if possible, enclose video/ audio of their recorded performances.
- Applicants are required to give three choices for the Universities they wish to have admissions in. However, in case the candidates are not accepted by any of the three Universities of their choices, they may clearly mention whether or not would they wish to be considered for admission in the Universities/Institutions apart from the three choices. ICCR would forward applications of only such candidates to other Universities offering similar courses as desired by the candidate, who express willingness in the application to be considered for admissions in other Universities, in other cities of India. Applications of candidates not wanting to be considered in other Universities than their three options would be returned.
- Students intending to apply for research courses after completing their postgraduation courses will have to go back to their respective countries, apply afresh for research courses, and come back to the University/ Institution granting them admissions only after obtaining correct visa i.e., the Research Visa. Please note, NO requests for direct admissions to research courses would be entertained in ICCR. NO requests for changing the category of visa from ‘Student’s Visa’ to ‘Research Visa’ would be entertained in ICCR.
Futher details and how to apply are provided here