Criteria for eligibility:
- Applications are open to candidates aged 18-30 years old by the end of the application period.
- Pre-applications for the 2018 Rolex Awards for Enterprise may be submitted by individuals only. No institutional or collective preapplications are allowed. If a project represents the efforts of several individuals, one person must represent the group and sign the preapplication form. Should such a group effort be chosen, the Rolex Award will be presented to the individual representative. Rolex SA will have no obligation to any other members of the group.
- No pre-applications on behalf of another person will be accepted. Preapplicants must submit their own ideas and proposals.
- Pre-applications cannot be submitted by Rolex employees; Rolex agents and retailers and their employees; employees of advertising, public relations and any other agencies acting for Rolex; members of the immediate families of any of the above; any other person closely connected with Rolex SA. Former Rolex Awards and Young Laureates Programme Jury Members, Laureates, Associate Laureates and Young Laureates are also excluded.
- Preapplictions are invited only for projects in the areas listed below (see Field of Study below)
- Projects must improve the quality of life on the planet, expand knowledge of our world or contribute to the betterment of humankind.
- Projects must be envisaged for the future or completed only in part. Completed work, or projects that will be finished when the awards are announced late in 2018, cannot be considered.
In addition to demonstrating a spirit of enterprise and leadership, candidates must put forward projects or work plans that:
- have a clear purpose,
- are original, and
- have the potential for significant impact.
Fore details and to apply, click here