British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN) offers Scholarships annually to Undergraduates. This post gives you possible guidelines and the eligibility conditions.
British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN) , in conjunction with British American Tobacco Iseyin Agronomy (BATIA) offers scholarship opportunities to qualified Nigerian undergraduates,
The Scholarship Scheme is one of the Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives to promote skilled manpower development in Nigeria’s Agricultural sector.
In 2005, the scope of the Scholarship Scheme was expanded to include eligible students from across the country. This expansion was based on stakeholder expectations raised at a stakeholder dialogue session. Ten eligible students are awarded scholarships every year for the duration of their study, with five slots reserved for eligible children of BAT registered tobacco farmers.
In the event that the farmers’ children do not meet the eligibility requirements, those five slots are opened up to candidates from tobacco leaf growing communities (not farmers’ children). In the event that they also do not meet the eligibility requirements, the five slots are opened up to candidates from other parts of Oyo State.
However, students who are children of BAT registered tobacco farmers are now being given the opportunity to apply for other courses asides from Agriculture.
The Scheme is open to:
- Qualified candidates who are children of BAT registered tobacco farmers.
- Other qualified candidates from across Nigeria.
- All applicants must be Nigerian citizens aged 18 years or above
- For children of BAT registered tobacco farmers – admission to study or registered first year student studying any course in a Nigerian tertiary institution.
- For other applicants across Nigeria – admission to study or registered first year student studying Agriculture / Agriculture-related course in a Nigerian tertiary institution
- Holders of the SSCE or its equivalent with at least six subjects passed in one sitting.
Important Points To Note
- All applicants are required to provide active contact addresses, phone numbers and email addresses which must be traceable and valid for the next 9 months.
- Applicants who miss test invitations due to non-functional phone numbers or email addresses will not be given additional consideration.
- Hard copy and multiple applications will result in instant disqualification
- Successful applicants will be listed on the website.
- Students who are currently on similar Scholarship Schemes need not apply