Manchester Metropolitan University (also MMU, Man Met or Manchester Met) provides a range of university-wide undergraduate and postgraduate funding which international students are able to apply for, including alumni discounts and faculty-specific discounts.
Manchester Met offers the Vice-Chancellor Scholarships for students who are citizens of countries from outside the European Union and intending to pursue either a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate course at Man Met.
Manchester Met is making a limited number of these Vice-Chancellor scholarships available for the current academic year. The scholarships are open to international students who enrol on a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught programme.
You can apply for an award if you:
- are an international student (classified as ‘overseas’ for tuition fee purposes)
- and have been offered a place on a taught course starting in September 2017 or January 2018
- and are not currently registered on a course at Manchester Met
Other Eligibility criteria:
- In order to apply, applicants must have accepted an unconditional or a conditional firm offer for a course at Manchester Metropolitan University.
- If a student holds a conditional offer and applies for the Vice-Chancellor International Scholarship, the scholarship can only be awarded once the offer conditions have been met.
- Applicants who defer their studies will not be eligible for the 2017/2018 scholarship.
- The scholarship award is limited to Undergraduate and Postgraduate taught course applicants only.
- Scholarships are only available for new Manchester Metropolitan University students who are classed as overseas students and are required to pay full overseas tuition fees. Current students moving from one course to another are not eligible for the scholarship.
If you meet the above criteria, you can download the Application Form (see below). Please note, this scholarship cannot be combined with any other financial support from Manchester Met.
Please also see the official website (link to it is below) for full terms and conditions for further eligibility criteria
Method of Application
In order to apply for the Vice-Chancellor International Scholarship, you must have accepted an unconditional or a conditional firm offer for a course at Manchester Metropolitan University. If you hold a conditional offer, you cannot be awarded this scholarship until you meet offer conditions.
Download and complete the 2017/18 Application Form
For courses starting in September 2017, the deadline for receipt of applications is 31 May 2017. For courses starting in January 2018, the deadline for receipt of applications is 31 October 2017.
Students will be notified in June 2017 if their application has been successful for courses starting in September, or in November 2017 for courses starting in January.
If an application is successful, applicants must confirm that they accept the award within 14 days.