The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce the award of the University of Birmingham / UKEAS Nigeria Outstanding Achievement Scholarships for Nigerian domiciled students applying for entry to an undergraduate programme at the University starting September 2017.
These are joint awards with the University’s local representatives who are listed here in alphabetical order: Bridge House Counselling, SI-UK (‘Study In-UK’), and UKEAS.
The scholarships, worth £5000 each, will be awarded to the highest performing students starting their University of Birmingham programme in the subject areas of Arts and Law, Life and Environmental Sciences, AND Social Sciences in 2017/18 academic year.
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full time undergraduate programme starting September 2017. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at Birmingham’s UK campus.
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Be classed as Nigerian national or domiciled/ resident.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Start their studies at the University in September 2017 (the scholarship award may not be deferred).
- Be registered with, and have their undergraduate study application attached to, one of the University’s local representatives listed here in alphabetical order: Bridge House Counselling, SI-UK (‘Study In-UK’), and UKEAS.
- Accept an offer from the University of Birmingham and select Birmingham as their firm choice by the scholarship application deadline and be in contact with one of the University’s local representatives listed above by this scholarship deadline of 31 May 2017.
Selection for the award will be based on academic merit.
Method of Application
To apply for the scholarship students will need to have accepted an offer from Birmingham, have selected Birmingham as their firm choice, and be in contact with one of the University of Birmingham’s local representatives listed above by the scholarship deadline as announced below. Selection for the award will be based on academic merit. No interview will be required.
The scholarship deadline for applying is 31st of May 2017
Decisions will be announced in mid-July and the scholarships will be awarded upon the students’ enrolment in September 2017.
For further information please contact any of the local representatives:
Bridge House Counselling
1/3, Olagunsoye Oyinlola Street, 2nd Avenue Estate, Ikoyi, Lagos
Tel: +234 1 8728297
Contact: John Ojeogwu
Mobile: + 234 (0)815 8868 617
Address: UKEAS Nigeria, 76 Opebi Road, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
See website for all offices: http://www.ukeas.com.ng/