The Government of Colombia, through ICETEX, is offering the Reciprocity Program for Foreigners in Colombia which is financial grants to foreign citizens, in return for international cooperation received by Colombia under existing cooperation agreements.
Through the Reciprocity Program for Foreigners in Colombia, ICETEX gives you the opportunity to come to undertake specialization, master’s, doctorate or research studies – at a postgraduate level – to foreign citizens.
Financial grants offered are FULL scholarships for foreign citizens. Eligible candidates are encouraged to respond to this call for scholarship applications from the Colombian government. The right candidate must be in a range of age between 25-49 years old.
This scholarship is addressed to all countries cooperating with Colombia, except Ecuadorian, Peruvian and Frencha citizens as there is a program aimed at professionals from these countries.
- Foreign professionals in the range of age between 25-49 years old, who have undergraduate degree (university degree or bachelor) in different disciplines, who have a grade point average of 4.0 on the Colombian scale of 1 to 5, and at least 1 year of professional experience in their field of study.
- The candidate must master the Spanish language (reading, writing and speaking)
- He/she must deliver us a certificate of these competences and must have an admission letter from the Colombian educational institution in any career determined in the catalog annex to this call.
- The candidate must not live in Colombia and must not have Colombian nationality.
- Academic excellence
- Coherence between the academic trajectory, work experience and academic program
- Professional working experience
- Study Project
- Reciprocity on educational cooperation
- Prove minimum one year experience in their field of study, after obtaining the degree.
- The candidate must have successfully completed college.
- The academic program should start in the second semester of 2017. Admission to programs starting in 2018 will not be contemplated.
- Applications from foreign citizens who are living in Colombia will not be accepted
Method of Application
Applications from foreigners who are currently living in Colombia, who are studying graduate studies or working in Colombia will not be considered. It is important for interested candidates to go through the Application requirements (See in Link below) before applying. Required documents, which are detailed in this call, should be at ICETEX on the date indicated in the notice. No documents will be received outside the established dates. The documents required in this call must be translated into Spanish.
The documents must arrive through the embassies or directly to the International Relations Office of ICETEX in Bogotá-Colombia before the 2nd June 2017.