The RCPE Scholarships aim is to enable talented doctors to undertake the joint University of Edinburgh/RCPE MSc in Internal Medicine, part-time, by distance learning.
Eligible physicians who are international medical graduates are encouraged to apply for this excellent opportunity to gain experience from one of foremost postgraduate Colleges of medicine in the world.
Applicants must have an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of least 7.0 (for applicants whose native language is not English), with no score lower than 6.0 in each section, or the equivalent from our approved list of certificates.
To apply applicants must:
- Be self-funding (support from friends and relatives is acceptable)
- Be a resident citizen in a qualifying country (see below)
- For the full and 75% scholarships – not have studied in a developed country previously (though applicants who have are welcome to apply for the 50% scholarships)
- Have been accepted onto the MSc
COLLEGE ADMISSION REQUIREMEMNT
Entrance Requirement: Applicants will need a medical degree, relevant clinical experience and access to suitable computing facilities to enroll in this programme
English Language Requirement: Applicants must have an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of least 7.0 (for applicants whose native language is not English), with no score lower than 6.0 in each section, or the equivalent from our approved list of certificates.
Method of Application
Eligible candidates should apply online, using the online application mode. Application will require supporting documents and information, with translations where applicable, including:
- A 250 – 500 word personal statement describing the relevance of applicants knowledge, skills and training to this programme as well as their academic interests, objectives and motivation for undertaking postgraduate study.
- Two signed letters of reference from within the last two years and contact details for the referees.
- Medical degree certificate, MBChB (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or similar.
- A transcript of applicants medical degree certificate which provides details of degree examinations passed and the grades and marks awarded.
- An English language certificate from within the last two years, if applicable.
Application Deadline: 30 June 2017