The University of Laval Canada offers scholarships for international students from outside of France who wish to study for a Masters degree program at the university.
The purpose of this Master’s Scholarships for International Students program is to promote academic excellence by offering scholarships to foreign students who are citizens of an African or European country (other than France*) and are admitted to a master’s program at Université Laval.
The Masters Scholarships for Foreign Students at University of Laval is $7,000 per year and is renewable once, subject to compliance with the faculty’s criteria of excellence and upon the research director’s recommendation and faculty approval.
Eligibility conditions include:
- At the deadline indicated below, you must have submitted a complete application package* at Université Laval in an eligible first master’s program and have been accepted in this program.
- You are a foreign student who is a citizen of an African or European country other than France.*
- You graduated from a public university accredited by the ministry of higher education in your country of origin. For private institutions, eligibility is determined when the file is reviewed.
- You are registered full time for the two first semesters in the program of study for which the scholarship was granted (winter and summer).
Method of Application
There is no form to complete for master’s level scholarships. Recipients are selected using information from admission applications received by Université Laval. To be considered, candidates must submit a complete application for admission to the University no later than the deadline of the target semester.
To be considered, candidates must apply for admission before the following target semesters:
- Admission for summer 2017: January 15th, 2017
- Admission for fall 2017: February 1st, 2017
- Admission for winter 2018: September 15th, 2017
In regard to the number of scholarships to be awarded to be awarded by participating faculties, please refer to the person in charge of this program at your faculty to get more information.