The Melwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) offers a one-year, full-time, intensive, fully sponsored training program to citizens of selected African countries who are aspiring technology entrepreneurs with the goal of creating globally successful companies that create wealth and jobs locally in Africa.
This training program enables students – known as Entrepreneurs-in-Training (EITs) – to learn about software development and entrepreneurship from Senior Faculty, who each bring more than 20 years of experience in the software business in the United States, Europe, or Asia. EITs also benefit from working with university graduates from around the world who serve as Teaching Fellows.
Every year, MEST trainees are recruited from among the brightest and most driven university graduates. Trainees come from diverse academic backgrounds, including French, Theater, Computer Science, Engineering, Business, and the Social Sciences.
MEST is looking for recent Ghanaian, Nigerian, Kenyan and/or South African university graduates to join our next class of entrepreneurs!
- Applicants must have a deep passion to start a software company
- MUST have entrepreneurial or corporate work experience
- Can commit a year in Accra, Ghana participating in the MEST training program starting September every year
- Applicants must be from Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya or South Africa and must have a degree in ANY field from a University or Technical College
- A completely-filled online Application Form
- Candidate’s profile photo and CV
- Applicants from Nigeria must have completed their NYSC
Desirable Qualities (Judging Criteria):
- A desire to make a difference
- A strong interest in technology and software
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Demonstrated personal drive, stamina, and self motivation, as well as the ability to meet goals and deadlines
- Confidence and independent thinking
- Excellent people skills
- Strong interest in teamwork
- The ability to communicate candidly and persuasively
- Proven academic excellence
To ensure that EITs can focus completely on becoming world-class entrepreneurs, MEST provides:
- Full Scholarship – MEST covers the total cost of Tuition.
- Three Meals a Day – Prepared and server by MEST’s catering staff
- Free Housing- EITs are Housed at a hostel for the duration of the two year program, free of charge.
- Monthly Stipend – MEST provide each EIT with a small monthly stipend
Method of Application
Interested in applying to MEST? Fill out the online application form, found on the official website, with your details; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Answer all questions on the “Application Form” as comprehensively as possible. In-person interviews will be conducted in Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa.
Application period is All Year Round. However, there are in-person interviews in June every year. You need to apply before the interview date for interview for a particular year.
Successful applicants will get offers by July ending every year, and training starts in September.