Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) Scholarships
The Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) is pleased to announce Old Mutual as a partner for the MINDS Scholarship Programme. MINDS has launched this Scholarship Programme for leadership development in Africa starting 2017.
MINDS offers scholarships to Africans who wish to pursue post-graduate studies within Africa, outside of their own countries. Through tailored leadership development activities, the Scholarship Program aims to nurture leaders who have a continental development mindset; leaders who will facilitate greater cohesion and cooperation between African countries.
MINDS is currently receiving applications from students who commence their studies in 2017. The scholarships are applicable to full-time studies of a one or two year Honors or Master’s degree at one of the preferred institutions (see drop-down list below). MINDS does not prescribe the course to be studied.
The scholarships is for meritorious applicants following a rigorous selection process. You must have the following for consideration for a the scholarship:
- Be a national of an African country, residing in any African country;
- Be formally accepted into one or more institution/s we prefer to pursue postgraduate studies within the following year;
- Have obtained at least 70% in each subject/ course in the last two completed years of study;
- Produce evidence of demonstrated leadership abilities or potential guided by the questions/ requirements set out in the application form;
- Submit a complete online application form (see below) with the required supporting documentation.
The scholarship will cover some or all of the expenses below:
- Accommodation and meals,
- One return ticket per duration of studies,
- A fixed stipend.
MINDS defines “own” or “home” country as the applicant’s country of citizenship AND their country of residence. For example, if you are a Zimbabwean citizen who is resident in South Africa, you can only apply for a MINDS scholarship if you are accepted to study at one of the universities on one of the Institutions we Prefer that is NOT in Zimbabwe or South Africa. You will NOT be eligible for a MINDS scholarship if you wish to study in Zimbabwe or South Africa.
None for now. We are currently receiving applications from students who commence their studies in 2017/2018. On submission of the application, you will receive an email confirming receipt of the application. We will contact you as early as possible within two months of submitting your application.