After a successful first edition, The Pensters is pleased to announce a $1000 essay scholarship contest. Second and third place will also win prizes. The Pensters holds contests and competitions each year for students’ benefits in the form of scholarships. The aim of this contest is to encourage great student writers and to give them a leg up in their studies.
How to Apply
Step 2. Send your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org before May 31, 2017. Together with the essay, add all of your contact information:
- name/middle name/surname
- college/high school
- year of graduation
- phone number
Step 3. Wait for winners to be announced by June 15, 2017
Essay Scholarship Requirements
- The length of the essay should be between 500-700 words.
- Answer the following question in your persuasive essay:
Will virtual reality classes replace traditional education?
- Please write about three reasons for believing in your thesis statement in the form of body paragraphs and back up your reasons with viable evidence from respected sources.
- Do not write about yourself and don’t try to explain why you deserve to win the scholarship. The quality of your writing is the grading criteria. Your reasons for participating and the explanations of why you need the money are not relevant in this case.
- Any point of view is acceptable, but use credible evidence in your essay.
- Have an introduction with a thesis statement, body paragraphs, and a conclusion.
- Topics within the prompt can include these areas of focus and more: poetry education, education for free, education without teachers, learning to write letters in different languages, creative education for kids, future of fiction writing education, applications for virtual universities, money in education, the future of literary education, online education through websites, require adults to be educated, student learning from writers and poets, international virtual high school, learning to write everything virtually, from an application letter to a nonfiction book or novel.
Who has the Right to Participate?
All genders, ages, races, and nationalities are welcome to participate. You should however be a current high school/college/university student.
Deadline to Apply
Please send your writing by May 31, 2017. We will not notify you about receiving your email. So, please do not send us emails several times and do not ask us if we received your submission.
All essays will be reviewed by June 10, 2017. We will contact winners by the 15 of June 2017
Click here for more information