AMARI MPhil and PhD Fellowships
AMARI (African Mental Health Research Initiative) is delighted to offer AMARI MPhil and PhD fellowships. These fellowships are in the field of Public Mental Health.
The scholarship will cover the following:
- The value of the PhD fellowship is R300 000 per year and includes funding to carry out the intended research. Although the tenure of the fellowships are for 3 years, you must have satisfactory academic progress.
- The MPhil fellowship cover all the tuition, travel and accommodation fees related to the programme.
To be eligible:
- PhD applicants require a prior master’s degree in a foundational discipline relevant to public mental health (e.g. psychology, public health).
- Applicants should have strong interpersonal skills, and be able to work in a collaborative fashion as part of a multidisciplinary team. Fellows will need to relocate to Cape Town for the duration of the programme.
MPhil applicants require an Honours degree or post-graduate diploma in Public Mental
Health or a cognate discipline, on NQF level 8. In addition, candidates should:
- Have experience of working in a mental health, health or development related field for at least three years.
- Have a managerial or leadership role, or have the capacity for such a role.
- Show evidence of adequate English language and writing proficiency for postgraduate academic studies.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of South Africa, Ethiopia, Malawi, or Zimbabwe successfully gain entry to the MPhil in Public Mental Health.
- Undertake a research project that aligns with the goal of AMARI.
Applicants can apply via email:
- Admission to the programme is highly competitive and is primarily on academic merit and potential to contribute to mental health development in under-served areas in Africa. There will be a rigorous selection process in to identify the candidates who are most likely to successfully complete the degree within the prescribed period. In addition to the written application, short-listed applicants need to attend a teleconference interview.
- The application forms are detailed so that we have as much relevant information possible to enable us to select the most suitable candidates. If you have any questions about the application form or process, please contact Ms. Songelwa Mobo (Songelwa.mobo-at-uct.ac.za).
Scholarship Application Deadline: For MPhil programme is September 1, 2017, and PhD programme is September15, 2017.
For more info, visit Scholarship link