Masters Scholarships for Developing Countries
World Customs Organization is offering a number of scholarships for the Masters Degree Programme in Strategic Management and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) programme at the Aoyama Gakuin University.
The Strategic Management and Intellectual Property Rights Program (SMIPRP) is a 12-month master’s degree program at AGU’s Graduate School of Business and offers cutting-edge classes and practical management skills for future leaders, particularly in customs organizations around the world.
These scholarships will cover the followings;
- A monthly stipend covers accommodations, meals, transportations, and other expenses. The amount of stipend is subject to change according to the decision of the Japanese Government.
- Admission and tuition fees are paid by the Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Scholarship Program.
- Round-trip economy-class air tickets between your home country and Japan is provided.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- A candidate must be a customs officer of a developing member of the WCO with quality work experience of at least three years in the field of customs policy and administration in his/her home country.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in IPR border enforcement, and who are expected to work in the IPR-related section of their Customs administration after this Scholarship Programme.
- After the completion of the Programme, the candidates should continue to work in their home Customs administration for 3 years at least. After half a year and 3 years from the completion of the Programme, they should report to the university indicating the post they occupy in their home administration and how they have been utilizing the experience they acquired in Japan.
- A candidate must be in good health and preferably under 40 years of age as of April 1, 2017.
Method of Application:
The mode of applying is online.
- Application Form (Form 1)
- Two Letters of Recommendation (Form 2)
- Certificate of Employment Status and Acceptance for Leave of Absence (Form 3)
- Photocopy of diplomas from all colleges/universities attended with a signature and seal from the 3rd party. If your diplomas are not English, please provide an official translation.
- Original English Transcript(s) issued by all colleges/universities attended (if your transcript is not English, please provide an official translation)
- Standardized test information – originally issued TOEFL or IELTS score report (only for those whose undergraduate/graduate education was not conducted in English. If received your education in English, please submit a proof letter issued by the university you have graduated from)
- A photocopy of either a paper, report, thesis, or book written in English, if any
- An Assignment Paper (Form 4)
- A Research Proposal at the SMIPRP (Form 5)
- WCO Nomination Form (Form 6: if applicable, please submit the form.
- A photocopy of your passport
Scholarship Application Deadline: July 31, 2017.
For more info, visit Scholarship Link