AU Youth Volunteer for AU-YVC
The African Union Youth Division runs and oversees the African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) program. The AU-YVC, established in 2010, is a continental development program that promotes youth volunteerism in Africa.
The AU-YVC program aims to deepen the status of young people as key actors in Africa’s development targets and goals. Enhancing their participation in policy development as well as design and implementation of relevant interventions towards the Africa Union’s Agenda 2063, ‘The Africa we want’. It brings people together to share skills, knowledge, creativity and learning. To build a more integrated, prosperous and peaceful Continent driven by its citizens.
Young African professionals are recruited to serve for a period of 12 months as AU Volunteers in an AU Member State other than their own. The volunteering opportunities are intended to build professionalism and a sense of responsibility among the participants, thus enhancing their employability.
Applicants have to meet the following criteria:
- Citizen of an AU Member State living on the continent or the Diaspora;
- Aged between 18 – 35 years;
- Have a post-secondary certified qualification(s) (TVET, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent)
- Available in 2018 to dedicate 12 (twelve) months for volunteer work;
- Willing to live and work in another African Union Member State;
- Is proficient in at least one African Union working language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese);
- Has at least one year verifiable volunteering experience and one year professional work experience.
This is for 12 months. Key dates include:
- 1st August – eligibility Check;
- 14th August: Successful applicants will be notified;
- September 2017: Pre-deployment training;
- 2018: Deployment of trained volunteers.
For the successful candidates, the African Union Commission and its partners will cover the full costs of their pre-deployment training. On deployment, African Union Youth Volunteers receive the following:
- Economy return air ticket from home town to place of deployment
- A modest monthly stipend
- Health insurance cover
- Separation allowance upon successful completion of twelve months service
Method of Application
Interested candidates are invited to apply online only here.
Application Deadline: 31 July 2017