Switch Africa Green Starter for African Entrepreneurs
The SAG-SEED Starter Ideas Competition invites entries from teams who develop green and inclusive business solutions to one of the key social and environmental challenges in Uganda. The winning teams will receive support on turning their idea into reality during the third round of the SAG-SEED Starter Months in Uganda
- Individuals who have a basic business idea or a problem they want to solve and teams in the very early stages of setting up their enterprise.
- Teams with 2-5 team members and an idea for addressing one of the three challenges above can apply.
- Applications from women and youth are particularly welcome.
Value of Program: Selected participants will receive training free of charge (travel & accommodation costs are not included).
Duration of Program: 14-16 September & 27-28 October 2017
How to Apply: Please send the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 August 2017.
- An internal team will evaluate all applications and inform you about the outcome.
- You can access the application form here: www.seed.uno/support/starter.
Challenges: Find solutions for one of the following challenges
- Agriculture Challenge: What is your business idea to generate decent employment, preserve resources, and feed populations in an unpredictable environment?
- Manufacturing Challenge: What is your business idea to produce goods or provide services for the manufacturing sector while ensuring energy and water efficiency as well as employment opportunities?
- Tourism Challenge: What is your business idea to promote tourism benefiting local communities and ecosystems?