Etisalat Prize for Literature For African Writers
Etisalat Nigeria has announced its call for entries into the 2018 Etisalat Prize for Literature, the fifth edition of the much celebrated innovative literature prize launched in 2013.
The Etisalat Prize for Literature celebrates new writers of African citizenship whose first fiction book (over 30,000 words) was published in the last twenty four (24) months. For the purposes of this definition, first book means first printed production in book form.
Authors and their publishers can be based anywhere in the world.
Criteria for Entry:
- Submissions will only be accepted from publishing houses.
- All books entered must have a registered ISBN number or equivalent.
- Entries by new writers must be published within the last 24 months before submission
- Entries for fiction books will be submitted by publishers who have published a minimum of six (6) authors.
- Publisher should have been a registered business (with certificate of incorporation as a publisher) for minimum of six years
- Each publisher will be allowed to enter a maximum of three (3) books – however books maybe called in by the judges.
- Each entry will be required to be accompanied by Seven (7) copies of the book being entered along with acceptance of publicity terms.
- The Etisalat Prize for Literature is not open to employees of any organisation under Emirates Telecommunications Corporation with branded trade name Etisalat.
Citizens of any African country
Application Deadline: 18 September 2017