SCHOLARSHIPS FOR AFRICAN STUDENTS TO STUDY IN THE UNITED STATES
This program was set up to assist undergraduate and postgraduate students in the Motherland – AFRICA – to acquire knowledge in Universities, Colleges and other Institutions of learning in the United States. It is an initiative of the Union of Africa Americans in the United States as part of a special contribution for the development of the human resources of the Motherland.
This scholarship is open to only African students from age 18 to maximum 35. To qualify for selection, candidates must meet the stated basic requirements, in addition to ensuring that entries are made not later than the specified deadline date. Selection of candidates to be considered is made from the first, fully completed, 5,500 entries received and which are verifiable before year end of 31st December in each year. Successful candidates are notified between March and April of the following year.
Strong willingness for intellectual pursuit is a necessary prerequisite. Not all applications to this program are considered. To succeed, an applicant must submit relevant details of sound academic background, and information through which verification can be made.
A recipient of the scholarship will be assisted to study in United States Free of tuition throughout the duration of the chosen program. In addition, the recipient will provisionally receive an annual allowance of US$3,000 for welfare. A recipient will also be assisted to get Student Visa which will expire at the end of the chosen program of maximum five (5) years.
Optionally, a recipient/student under this program will be assisted to secure a part-time job which enable the student work while schooling and earn extra income. This is only done on request.
- 1. Completed Entry Form (to be made online). Apply Now
- 2. Entry Fee of US$100 (₦36000 Nigeria, ¢427 Ghana, R1353 South Africa, £1893 Egypt). See How To Pay
- 3. Five credit passes in O/level exams, including English Language, Mathematics and three other relevant subjects (undergraduate program).
- 4. First degree / HND (Postgraduate program).
- 5. One recent color passport photo.
TIPS TO NOTE FOR SELECTION
- Low quality passport with poor image visibility will invalidate your entry.
- Copies of your certificates or results must contain contact details of certificate awarding institutions.
- Submit any other information you think will aid a faster verification of your certificates.
- Submit also a one-paged description of your background giving reasons why you should be considered.
- You can apply with two sittings of O/level results.
- O/level is the examination result gotten at finishing high school or secondary school. Example: SSCE, GCE, WAEC, NECO, WASSCE, etc.
- Postgraduate candidates with grade below second-class lower division need not apply.
- Entry must be made on time. The online form will become unavailable after the deadline date. No further entries will be received.