ONTARIO GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS AT YORK UNIVERSITY CANADA 2018
Applications are currently been submitted for the 2018 Ontario Graduate Scholarships for International Students At York University, Canada, Only eligible applicants will be considered for this program.
Since 1975, Ontario, in partnership with Ontario’s publicly–assisted universities, has encouraged excellence in graduate studies at the masters and doctoral levels through the awarding of Ontario Graduate Scholarships (OGS). OGS awards are merit–based scholarships available to students in all disciplines of academic study. The OGS program is jointly funded by the Province of Ontario and Ontario universities. The Province of Ontario contributes two-thirds of the value of the award and the university provides one-third.
Type: Masters, PhD
Institution: York University,Canada
Value of Award: $15,000 per year for a one year maximum
Eligible Countries: International
To Be Taken At (Country): York University, Canada
- Be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person [under subsection 95(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protections Act (Canada)] at the time of the OGS application deadline date
- Or be a foreign student who is studying in Ontario under a temporary resident visa–student study permit, under the immigration and refugee protection act
- Be enrolled in an eligible postsecondary institution in Ontario (one offering graduate programs)
- Be taking an eligible program on a full time basis. An eligible program is defined as a full–time program of study of two or three terms at an eligible institution leading to a graduate degree. Eligible programs must be approved as eligible for funding by MTCU
- Have a minimum GPA of (A-)
- PhD students in their 4th year of study (or beyond) in Fall 2017 are ineligible to apply for OGS in 2018–19 Must be in 3rd year or less as of December 2017, to be eligible.
How to Apply for Ontario Graduate Scholarships: Please submit a complete application package to your proposed program of study. A complete package includes the following:
- Application Form (Part A and Part B) (.pdf)
- Two OGS Reference Assessment forms – to be completed by referees. Please use the applicable form below:
- Transcripts from all post-secondary studies
- Applications for the master’s level of study: December 1, 2017
- Applications for the doctoral level of study – CIHR eligible field of research: September 29, 2017
- Applications for the doctoral level of study – NSERC eligible field of research: October 13, 2017
- Applications for the doctoral level of study – SSHRC eligible field of research: October 17, 2017
Award Providers: York University, Province of Ontario.