Government of Canada Scholarships for Francophone Developing Countries to study in Canada 2018
The Government of Canada in her commitment to build institutional capacities by training employed nationals from developing countries of La Francophonie is pleased to avail the Government of Canada Scholarship Program for Francophonie Developing Countries 2018.
Funding for this program is entirely within the Government of Canada has entrusted the management consortium Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE) and the World University Service of Canada (WUSC).
The long-term goal of the program is to promote the development of recipient countries by giving priority to:
- Training of trainers, particularly in the field of technical and vocational education
- Improving the skills of college and university personnel in the field of education and research
- Increasing and strengthening the skills of specialists and managers in the public and private sectors
Type: Masters and Doctorate
Fields of Study: All
Institution: government of Canada
Value of Scholarship: Fully-funded
To be taken at (country): Canada (Quebec, Canada)
Eligible Countries: Bénin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodge, Cameroun, Cap-Vert, Comores, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Kinshasa),Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Dominique, Égypte, Gabon, Guinée, Guinée équatoriale, Guinée-Bissau, Haiti, Laos, Liban, Madagascar, Mali, Maroc, Maurice, Mauritanie, Niger
République Centrafricaine, Rwanda, Sainte-Lucie, Sao Tomé-et-Principe, Sénégal, Seychelles, Tchad, Togo, Tunisie, Vanuatu, Vietnam
Eligibility: To be eligible for the Canada Francophonie Scholarship Programme:
- Candidates identified and selected may apply for university studies leading to a master’s and doctoral degree, for technical and vocational training, or for short-term internships.
- Institutions targeted by recipient countries conduct internal recruitment campaigns to identify qualified candidates who show the greatest aptitude for helping strengthen their institution’s capacities when they return to their country.
- Clinical training in pharmacy, medicine and dentistry is excluded.
How to Apply: Apply here
For full information on Canada Francophonie Scholarship Programme eligibility criteria, evaluation procedures, application requirements, funding levels, deadlines, and exclusions, visit the CFSP website (in French).
- Applications open: 31st August 2017
- Applications close: Deadlines vary by country
Award Provider: Government of Canada