2018 Young Leaders Human Rights Watch (HRW) Global Fellowship in USA
Applicants who are passionate about human right activities are welcome to participate in The Human Rights Watch (HRW) Alan R. and Barbara D. Finberg Fellowship ,which is a one-year fellowship open to recent graduates, from any institution, domestic or foreign.Applications should be submitted before the deadline
Value of Award:
- The salary for 2018-2019 fellows is US $60,000, plus excellent employer-paid benefits.
- HRW will pay reasonable relocation expenses and will assist employees in obtaining necessary work authorization, if required;
- In the event that you are offered an interview, Human Rights Watch will make the necessary arrangements and cover reasonable travel costs.
Eligible Countries: All
To Be Taken At (Country): USA
Eligibility: Recent graduates (at the Master’s level) in the fields of law, journalism, international relations, area studies, or other relevant disciplines from universities worldwide. LL.Ms are also eligible. Graduates with LL.B. degrees or advanced degrees in other relevant disciplines may also be considered. For this cycle, we will consider Finberg Fellowship applicants with degrees received after January 2015 and before August 2018 as “recent graduates.”
Experience: Prior research experience, including experience conducting interviews, ideally in the context of human rights research, is required.
Related Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated strong background in international human rights and commitment to building a career in human rights are required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English are required.
- Proficiency in one language in addition to English is strongly desired as is familiarity with countries or regions where serious human rights violations occur.
- Self-motivation, ability to multi-task effectively, including having good planning and organizing skills and ability to work under pressure are required.
- Strong initiative and follow-through, exceptional analytical skills, the capacity to think creatively and strategically, excellent editing skills, perseverance and flexibility while maintaining HRW’s high methodological standards are required.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to work collaboratively within HRW, as well as with external partners, are required.
- Ability to make sound decisions consistent with functions is required.
How to Apply: Apply here
It is important to go through the application requirements and FAQ before applying.
Application Deadline: 6th October 2017
Award Providers: Human Rights Watch