Swedish Embassy International Training Programme on Intellectual Property for Least Developed Countries 2018
The Swedish Embassy is delighted to announce the availability of applications for the upcoming International Training Programme on “Intellectual Property for Least Developed Countries”. All applicants are to take note of the eligibility criteria to avoid disqualifications.
Value of Award: The Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) will cover all costs related to all programme phases except personal expenses, visa fees or any local airport taxes and departure fees.
To Be Taken At (Country): Swedish Patent and Registration Office Stockholm, Sweden and one of the participating countries
Eligible Countries: The following countries are invited to nominate candidates: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Laos, Malawi, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Rwanda, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia
- The Programme is directed towards policymakers and their advisers as well as towards persons at a senior decision-making level from the government sector, collective management organisations and also to persons from the university or the
private sector who are or who will be involved in issues concerning Intellectual Property rights on a national level.
- Emphasis will be made on the selection of senior officials with experience in areas of transfer of technology and technological capacity building in order to promote cooperation between institutions of higher learning, research institutions, industries, and business to initiate project-based activities on invention and innovation.
- The participants accepted to the programme shall be obliged to participate in all phases of the programme. Substitutes will not be accepted for any phases.
- Management approval for all participation and project work is mandatory and is to be confirmed in the application.
- The participant should have some proficiency in the use of computers (word processing) and access to computers with Internet connection in the home country (for e-mail communications).
- The WIPO general course on Intellectual Property (DL101) or equivalent knowledge is recommended but not a prerequisite. The participant’s professional role in his/her home country is more important than formal qualifications.
- When accepted to the programme candidates will be asked to prepare a short description of the chosen project.
- Considering the training programme consists of international travels and work away from home in a new environment, good health and full working capacity is conditioned. It is therefore recommended that candidates undergo a medical examination before filling in the Medical Statement in the Application form
- Only candidates nominated by the appropriate organisation and in accordance with national rules will be considered
How to Apply: To apply, please read attached brochure and submit the application form (attached) at the Swedish Embassy in Maputo.
Application Deadline: 28th October 2017.
Award Providers: Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida)