Thomson Foundations’ Elizabeth R Media Fund: Commonwealth Digital Challenge In London 2017
Applicants are invited to grasp the opportunity and apply for the Fully Funded Thomson Foundations’ Elizabeth R Media Fund: Commonwealth Digital Challenge to be held in London 2017 ,Only eligible persons will be considered
The Elizabeth R Media Fund is launching a new competition aimed at providing young and aspiring media managers from the Commonwealth with the skills and tools necessary to help their organisations face the digital challenges in their countries.
- Applicants must be citizens of a Commonwealth member country, excluding the UK.
• The competition is open to journalists and media managers working for a media organisation in the public or private sectors.
• Entrants must be journalists or media managers, aged between 28 and 35, on April 1st, 2018.
• The competition organisers may request documentation to verify an entrant’s age and employment status.
- The overall winner will be invited to spend a week’s intensive study of UK media organisations in London, with all expenses paid, during the week of the Commonwealth Summit in London in April, 2018.
- It will be followed by 12 months’ mentoring by industry professionals overseen by the Thomson Foundation – the world’s longest-established media development organisation.
• Entrants will be asked to submit a 400-word statement, in English, outlining a particular challenge posed to their organisation, or media sector, in their country together with a potential business case for how it could be addressed.
• Twenty applicants will be invited to take three on-line modules in digital skills and newsroom management from the Thomson Foundation’s online “Journalism Now” programme.
• The most successful of the 20, in the opinion of the judges, will be invited to spend a week’s intensive study of UK media organisations in London, during Commonwealth Week 2018, followed by online mentoring by Thomson Foundation consultants for 12 months.
• The winner will lead a virtual conference of the top 20 applicants and UK media mentors focusing on how the media can react to the challenges thrown up by the topic of Commonwealth Week.
• Applicants must submit their initial entry by midnight GMT on Friday, November 3rd, 2017. Short-listed applicants must be able to take the online modules between November 15th, 2017 and January 31st, 2018.
• The overall winner will be expected to spend the week of April 16th, 2018 in London. If s/he is not able to do so, the prize will go to the second most successful applicant.
For any queries relating to your application for the Elizabeth R Media Fund Commonwealth Digital Challenge, please email: ERMF@thomsonfoundation.org
Application Deadline: Friday 3rd November, 2017.
For More Information: