2018 Beinecke Library Graduate Student Fellowships
Yale University is delighted to invite applicants for the 2018 Yale University Beinecke Library Graduate Student Fellowships, hurry and apply!!
Graduate students (doctoral candidates) currently enrolled in PhD or DPhil programs from across the country and around the world are invited to apply for Beinecke Visiting Graduate Student Summer Fellowships. These fellowships support graduate students who wish to use Beinecke collections as a primary resource for their dissertation research.
Value of Fellowship: The fellowships pay for travel costs to and from New Haven and a living allowance of $3,000 per month.
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): USA
- Graduate students seeking these fellowships must be currently enrolled in a PhD/doctoral program and must have completed their course work, passed their qualifying examinations, and be prepared to pursue research based upon an approved dissertation prospectus/proposal.
- Successful applicants normally explain in extensive and specific detail the relationship of the Beinecke collections to their project. Most of the holdings of the Beinecke Library in printed materials are described in Orbis, the online catalogue of Yale University Library. Early manuscripts and modern archives are described in detailed finding aids available via the internet. Books and manuscripts at Yale have been extensively described since 1926 in the Yale University Library Gazette, which is available in many libraries.
How to Apply: Applicants are required to submit the following materials:
- an online application form
- a curriculum vitae
- a proposal (1200 word maximum) explaining in detail the specific relationship between the Beinecke Collections and the applicant’s research
- a detailed list of specific research materials to be consulted at Beinecke during your fellowship
- two confidential letters of recommendation sent to the Fellowship Coordinator, one of which must come from the principal director of the applicant’s dissertation
- an approved dissertation prospectus/proposal
The Beinecke Library will not accept re-submissions of materials. Once an application or letter of reference has been submitted, the Beinecke will not accept a revision.
Awards will be announced approximately eight weeks following application deadlines.
Application Deadline: 1st November 2017
Award Provider: Yale University Beinecke Library
Important Notes: Please note that the online application form cannot be revised once it is submitted. It cannot be submitted partially, the application and the attachment must be submitted together if you choose to submit your application materials with the web application form.