2018 School of Education International PhD Scholarship by RMIT University in Australia
RMIT University is now accepting applications for Ph.D. Scholarship in the School of Education within the ARC Future Fellowship project “Transforming 21st Century Creativity Education in Australasia”, Chief Investigator Associate Professor Anne M Harris. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
RMIT is a global university of technology, focused on creating solutions that transform the future for the benefit of people and their environment. The aim of the RMIT University PhD Scholarships at the School of Education Australia is to assist students in enhancing their RMIT University studies by providing an international perspective.
Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the School of Education.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship (stipend) is valued at $30,000 per annum for 3 years (2018-2020), and the outstanding PhD candidate will work with Associate Professor Anne M Harris on her ARC Future Fellowship project entitled: Transforming 21st Century Creativity Education in Australasia.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: The minimum requirements for admission to a Ph.D. program are:
- a bachelor degree requiring at least four years of full-time study in a relevant discipline awarded with honors. The degree should include a research component comprised of a thesis, other research projects or research methodology courses that constitute at least 25% of a full-time academic year (or part-time equivalent). The applicant must have achieved at least a distinction average in the final year; or
- a master degree that includes a research component comprised of at least 25% of a full-time academic year (or part-time equivalent) with an overall distinction average or a master degree without a research component with at least a high distinction average; or
- evidence of appropriate academic qualifications and/or experience that satisfies the Associate Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Research Training, and Development or nominee that the applicant has developed knowledge of the field of study or cognate field and the potential for research sufficient to undertake the proposed program.
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: RMIT admits applicants on the basis of their demonstrated capacity to conduct independent research. Applicants must have a bachelor degree requiring at least four years of full-time study in a relevant discipline awarded with honors.
English Language Requirements: You are required to provide current evidence of your English language proficiency for admission to RMIT.
International students can provide their results from one of these three options:
- An accepted English language proficiency test, or
- An accepted English language provider, or
- A recognised qualification
Minimum English language requirements may differ between programs at the same study level.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online. To be assessed for eligibility for our research programs applicants must submit a formal application to RMIT School of Education (for a place in the PhD program DR209) through the School of Graduate Research by closing date of 31st October 2017. Information on the application process can be found at the links below. The PhD candidate should nominate Associate Professor Anne Harris as Senior Supervisor and Professor Peter Kelly as Second Supervisor for the project on the application form. The applicant should also submit a research proposal (of 1000 – 2000 words), briefly outlining related experience with creativity studies, theory and/or practice, as well as any regional, inter-Asian and Australian perspectives and networks. Examples of creative and written work (i.e. art folio) if appropriate may be included. The application must also state that the proposal is aligned to the Enabling Capability Platform (ECP), Design and Creative Practice:
- Design and creative practice industries
- What are the models for conceptualising design & creativity as value-creation for industry?
OR Social Change
- Transformation in work.
Application Deadline: Applications closes on October 31, 2017.