Postgraduate Training Awards Pediatrics at McGill University in Canada, 2018 for International Students
The Department of Pediatrics at McGill University is offering two bursary awards for postgraduate training in a residency program. 2018 Postgraduate Training Awards at McGill University Canada are open to international Medical doctors who are graduates of medical schools listed in the FAIMER Directory.
McGill University is a public research university in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. It was established in 1821 by royal charter, granted by King George IV of the United Kingdom. The University bears the name of James McGill, a Montreal merchant from Scotland whose bequest in 1813 formed the university’s precursor, McGill College.
Course Level: Awards are available for pursuing postgraduate residency training programme.
Study Subject: Awards are available at the Department of Pediatrics.
Scholarship Award: $55,000/year, no benefits
Number of Scholarships: There are two bursary awards available.
Scholarship can be taken in Canada
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply.
- Alan Ross Academic Bursary Award: The Alan Ross Academic Bursary Award is available each year to successful applicants pursuing postgraduate training in a pediatric specialty after having completed three years of core training in pediatrics, or equivalent. Successful candidates will intend to pursue an academic career in pediatrics upon completion of training. This award is for physicians who will be training mostly in research and who might have a varying degree of clinical contact.
- Clinical Bursary Award in Pediatrics: The Clinical Bursary Award in Pediatrics is available each year to successful applicants who wish to pursue postgraduate training in a pediatric specialty after having completed 3 years of core training in pediatrics or its equivalent. The successful candidates will intend to pursue an academic career in pediatrics, upon completion of their training. A majority of the training will consist of clinical work.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Eligible applicants are considered as follows:
- Graduates of Canadian Medical Schools (Non Quebec).
- International Medical doctors who are graduates of medical schools listed in the FAIMER Directory(Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research) who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
Interested applicants should refer to Postgraduate Medical Education Admissions for complete eligibility criteria and immigration protocols.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
How to Apply:
- Step 1: Interested applicants should advise the Program Director of their intention to apply to the program.
- Step 2: Applicants must be qualify for and apply to postgraduate residency training through the Postgraduate Medical Education Office. International applicants must apply for postgraduate residency training by the March 1st deadline.
- Step 3: Complete the Bursary Award Application Form and submit with the required documents to Sally Crawford, Administrative and Student Affairs Coordinator (Email).
Application forms and required documents:
- Application Form Part A (to be completed by applicant)
- Application Form Part B (to be completed by the Program Director)
- Updated CV
- Personal Statement
- Clinical Bursary Award in Pediatrics
Application Deadline: The application deadline is March 15, 2018.