2018/2019 Oprah Winfrey’s Fellowship For African Women at New York University
African women are welcome to be part of the Oprah Winfrey African Women Public Service Fellowship. Eligible persons are welcome to apply as well
The African Women’s Public Service Fellowship, made possible by a donation from the Oprah Winfrey Foundation, expands the opportunity for African women to impact for public service in their home countries.
Fellowship recipients commit to return to their respective home countries at the conclusion of the program with the goal of assuming a leadership position on the continent where they can meaningfully contribute to the challenges currently confronting Africa.
Value of Fellowship:
- The Fellowship provides full tuition, fees, housing or a housing stipend (if enrolling in the Global EMPA program), travel to and from the United States, and a small stipend to cover books and miscellaneous expenses.
- A NYU Wagner education would significantly enhance your ability to have a deep and lasting impact on public service issues in your home country and region.
To be taken at (country): New York University Wagner, USA
Eligible Countries: Countries in Africa
- Citizen and resident in an African country at the time of application.
- Strong academic record
- Demonstrated commitment to public service
How to Apply:
- Submit your Fellowship Application Essay along with your online application to NYU Wagner for Fall 2018. The Fellowship Application Essay is included in the fellowship section of the online application; there is not a separate application. Fellowship applicants must also submit the one-minute video essay in the application in order to be considered.
Applications are due by December 1, 2017 deadline.
- Those selected as fellowship semi-finalists will be invited to participate in Skype interviews with the Fellowship Selection Committee in mid-to-late February 2018.
Application Deadline: 1st December, 2017
Award Provider: Oprah Winfrey, NYU Wagner