Fully Sponsored American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship for International Student to study in USA
Applications are now available for the Funded 2018 American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship,eligible persons are welcome to apply for this program.
The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship promotes educational access and opportunity while enhancing international diversity. Bringing together the best of AU – academic excellence, leadership development, and global engagement – the AU Emerging Global Leader achieves, inspires, and serves with vision. The AU EGL is dedicated to positive civic and social change, and will return home to improve under-resourced, underserved communities in his/her home country.
- The AU EGL scholarship covers all billable AU expenses (full tuition, room and board) for one international student who will need a visa (preferably an F-1 or J-1 student visa) to study in the United States.
- The scholarship does not cover non-billable expenses such as mandatory health insurance, books, airline tickets and miscellaneous expenses (approximately U.S.$4,000 per year).
You are NOT eligible to apply if:
- You are a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen of the U.S. and another country.
- You are enrolled in or have already begun any post-secondary studies at another university in your home country or the United States.
- You graduated secondary school earlier than 2016.
AU EGLS candidates must apply Regular Decision for fall (August) 2018. Do not apply Early Decision (ED).
Preference will be given to:
- International students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades.
- A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service and to advancing the needs of people in their home country.
- Students with a 95+ TOEFL iBT, 7.0+ IELTS, 600+ paper-based TOEFL (taken on or prior to May 31, 2017), or sub-scores of 24+ on the paper-based TOEFL (Taken after May 31, 2017).
- Students who are still enrolled in secondary/high school and graduating by June 2018.
- Complete the online AU EGLS application and Questions 1-4.
- Submit a bank letter and the AU Certification of Finances (AU CFIS) form – each demonstrating a minimum of U.S.$4,000. These can be scanned and emailed as PDF attachments to email@example.com. Examples of bank letters and the AU CFIS form template
- Submit your official TOEFL or IELTS score results if available (see preferred scores above). These can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. International Admissions will call ETS or IELTS to verify scores on your behalf.
- Complete and submit the Common Application or Coalition Application, together with all supporting documents per checklist by priority deadline December 15, 2017, or by January 15, 2018 latest. Please note that students who do not complete their application by the deadline will not be reviewed.
- If you are applying through a program supported by EducationUSA such as USAP, CCC, Diana Kamal Scholarship, or similar, please provide a letter from your EducationUSA center’s adviser confirming your candidacy. You may request for them to send it to email@example.com as a PDF.
- If you are not selected as one of the finalists, you may still be considered for admission to American University, Washington, DC and eligible for partial merit scholarships. However, to continue the application process, you will need to submit proof of funds totaling U.S.$64,707 (estimated costs for first year of study).
** Skype interviews will be required for AU EGL semi-finalists and finalists. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Application Deadline: December 15, 2017.
For More Information: