Fully Funded Fifth Global Symposium on Health Systems Research In Liverpool
Abstracts are currently been submitted for the Funded 2018 Fifth Global Symposium on Health Systems Research In Liverpool,Persons whom are to submit their abstracts are reminded that only abstracts that have met the requirements of the program will be accepted.
Type: Call for Papers
To Be Taken At (Country): Liverpool, UK
Eligibility: Abstracts in English, French and Spanish will be accepted.
- Organized sessions
Organizers may submit proposals for 90-minute sessions under two different ‘session type’ categories:
- Participatory sessions: These could be round table discussions, debates, ‘fishbowl’ discussions, simulations, games, pyramid sessions, group modelling, or any other approach that actively encourages audience participation.
- Panel presentations: This format is the traditional panel presentation, but organizers must allow adequate time for audience discussion and interaction.
In line with the core Symposium principles, the Scientific Committee will be asked to assess organized sessions on the basis of: (i) technical merit; (ii) relevance to the Symposium theme; (iii) significance for the sub-theme area and/or field-building dimension; (iv) engagement of policy-makers, managers and civil society groups (i.e. chair and those with planned roles); and (v) potential for active involvement by the audience.
- Individual abstracts
- Individual abstracts may be submitted as a paper, poster or multimedia presentation.
- A paper is a 10 minute oral presentation with 5 minutes allowed for questions. Note: If an abstract is submitted as a paper, it may be accepted as a poster – please do not submit for both a paper and a poster for the same abstract.
- A poster is a physical display that is no more than 120 cm by 80 cm in size.
- A multimedia presentation could be a short film, documentary, animated film or photo-essay and should be no longer than 15 minutes in total presentation time.
- For empirical research presentations a structured abstract should be prepared, covering background, methods, results and discussion / conclusions.
- For conceptual research, or work under other field-building dimensions, abstracts should cover Purpose, focus/content, significance for the sub-theme area/field-building dimension of relevance and target audience.
- Individual abstracts may be accepted either for oral, multimedia or poster presentation.
In line with the core principles of the Symposium, the Scientific Committee will be asked to assess individual abstracts on the basis of: (i) technical merit; (ii) relevance to the Symposium theme; (iii) significance to the sub-theme area and field-building dimension.
Value of Award: Organizers of the Fifth Global Symposium hope to be able to provide travel support to some participants, in particular residents of low- or middle-income countries and full-time students (from countries of all income levels). Applications for travel support will be accepted only after the results of the organized session and individual abstract review process is complete (approximately April 2016). Applications will only be accepted from those who have had an individual abstract accepted (for poster and/or oral presentation) or who are named contributors within an accepted organized session that does not have external funding. The number of scholarships offered per organized session will be dependent on funding availability.
How to Apply:
Organised Sessions: The organized session template requires the following information:
- Title (maximum 25 words)
- Session type
- Thematic area and field-building dimension
- The session organizer’s contact details
- Contributors’ details: the session chair/ moderator as well as a maximum of four/five named additional contributors, who will play active roles in the session; whether lead author is from a low- or middle-income country
- A short (50 word) overview of the organized session that will appear in the Symposium program
- A 400-word (maximum) summary of the session content, including: purpose/objective, technical content, target audience and significance for the selected thematic area and/or field-building dimension; learning objectives
- A 400-word (maximum) summary of the planned session process, including: short description of any presentations or inputs, the moderation or management approach of the session, the role of contributors – both those named in the abstract and any others with planned roles, and a rough breakdown as to how the 90 minutes will be used.
Individual Abstracts: Those submitting individual abstracts will be required to submit the following information:
- Title (maximum 25 words)
- Speaker contact details
- Sub-theme and field-building dimension
- For multimedia submission: link to the video/photos if available
- List of co-authors for listing in the abstract book, if applicable
- An abstract of 400 words or less
Registration for the Symposium will open in April 2018.
If your organized session or individual abstract is accepted for presentation, you will be required to register and pay as a delegate in order to be able to participate in the Symposium.
- Call for organized sessions: 15th January, 2018
- Call for individual abstracts: 5th March, 2018
Award Providers: Health Systems Global