2018 Banco Santander Foundation–CNIO Fellowships for Young Researchers
Banco Santander Foundation–CNIO is delighted to call on eligible persons to apply for the FBanco Santander Foundation–CNIO Postdoctoral Fellowship for Young Researchers Trained in the UK/USA Programme . Only Applicants that have complied with the eligibility criteria will be considered for this program.
THIS Banco Santander Foundation–CNIO Fellowships support highly talented and motivated young scientists who have been trained in the UK or in the USA and wish to start or continue their postdoctoral training at one of the world’s leading comprehensive cancer centres.
Level: Postdoctoral Fellowships
Field(s): postdoctoral training at one of the world’s leading comprehensive cancer centres.
Scholarship covers: Banco Santander Foundation – CNIO fellows will receive a gross annual salary of 30,400 to 34,200 Euros, which corresponds to a monthly net income of approximately 1,850 to 2,050 Euros. The salary will depend on the applicant’s previous experience at the time of the application.
School(Institutions/ Hosting Countries): | the CniO and the Hospital Universitario Puerta de Hierro.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Banco Santander Foundation–CNIO FELLOWSHIPS are targeted for scholars of any nationality who are highly talented and motivated young scientists who have been trained in the UK or in the USA and wish to start or continue their postdoctoral training at one of the world’s leading comprehensive cancer centres.
To be considered for Banco Santander Foundation–CNIO Fellowships , candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolment in a predoctoral and/or postdoctoral training programme in a recognized research centre in the UK or in the USA for at least 24 months during the past 3 years (from October 1, 2014 to September 30, 2017).
- – Hold a PhD or MD degree. Candidates who are expected to obtain their degree before October 31, 2017 are eligible provided that their thesis supervisor accredits this circumstance in his/her letter of reference. In the case that the candidate were awarded a fellowship but did not obtain the PhD or MD degree before the date mentioned above, his/her position would be offered to the next candidate on the waiting list.
- At least one first author publication either published or accepted before the application deadline in a relevant international peer-reviewed journal in the Medicine & Life Sciences field.
- Two letters of reference; one of them has to be provided by the thesis supervisor.
- One letter of commitment from one of the CNIO group leaders (applicant’s mentor at theCNIO). This letter must indicate the resources available to co-fund the postdoctoral position.
- For information regarding our research activities, please go to the CNIO’s Scientific Report 2016 website: http://www.cnio.es/ing/sr/
- Completeness of the application. The applicant is responsible for the veracity, accuracy and completeness of the data provided in the online application form. Incompleteness and/or inaccuracies in the application will result in the ineligibility of the candidate.
- – Receipt of the application before the deadline.
If you have any queries about your eligibility to apply, please contact email@example.com.
Scholarship Application Method
How to apply
- For applications, the online application form has to be used (http://www.cnio.es/ing/cursos/programapostdoctorado-banco-santander.asp). The applicant is
- The applicant is responsible for the veracity, accuracy and completeness of the data provided in the online application form.
- The candidate has to contact with his/her chosen CNIO laboratory and ask the Principal Investigator for a letter indicating her/his commitment and availability to co-fund the postdoctoral position.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only one application per candidate will be accepted. If more than one application is received from the same candidate, only the last one will be considered as valid.
Online application form –
- Please note that the application form must be completed in English.
- – We suggest you to prepare the requested information in any standard text processor andpaste them into the application form.
- – All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory and have to be completed. Please provide your full name and last name. Do not use initials or abbreviations. – You will be asked to insert the date the PhD or MD degree was conferred. If you do not hold a PhD or MD degree at the time of submission of this application, please insert the date when you are expected to obtain your degree.
- You must provide the names and e-mail addresses of two referees; one of them has to be your supervisor. In the case that you did not obtain your PhD or MD degree before submitting your application, the reference letter from the supervisor of your thesis must also include a statement that you are expected to obtain your degree not later than by October 31, 2017. The chosen referees must submit scanned signed letters of recommendation directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, entering the applicant’s full name in thesubject line. It is your responsibility to ensure that all reference letters are sent to the CNIO before the application deadline. The CNIO will NOT contact referees to request reference letters. Please note that your application will NOT be considered eligible unless all reference letters have been received before the application deadline.
- A list of all your indexed publications must be also sent to email@example.com before October 31, 2017, using the Excel template “Scientific Productivity” provided together with the call. Please fill in the template with the list of your publications as follows: include the complete title and author list (as they appear in the publication) in standard PubMed format, the year, the name, and the impact factor of the journal (according to the year of the publication) where you work has been accepted for publication or published. For all published publications, you must also provide the link to the publication; either through an research on a research engine (PubMed, Embase, etc.) or as a direct access to the journal where it was published.
- – Use the “Comments” text box to include any information you consider relevant for your application and which you have not provided elsewhere. Also, use this space to make any comments you may have. You can also leave it blank.
- – At the end of the application process you will be asked to upload a file containing your complete CV, preferable in pdf format; doc and rtf formats are also accepted. Please note that the size of this document must not exceed 1MB.
- – After having entered all required information you can submit your application by pressing the “Submit” button. Once the application is submitted, an acknowledgement of receipt will
be automatically sent by e-mail to you. A reference number will
be assigned to your application and should be included in any further correspondence.
The call closed on October 31, 2017.
For further information on the programme, please contact our Education and Training Programmes Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to this special programme you may also apply for other postdoctoral positions at the CNIO. These positions will be posted in the “Careers” section of our web page along with instructions on how to apply.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.